For 2 persons maximum
A custom-made Shepherd’s hut built in cedar to a traditional design but cunningly crafted for comfort. Inspired by the Victorian Origin of a Shepherd’s shelter. A real Den for the Soul, beautifully kitted out with charm and practicality. Located along the Red River an ideal glamping retreat for a romantic break!
Shepherd’s Hut provides :
You will have a trolley to carry out your luggages to your lodging, however we strongly recommend that you travel light and use back pack.
The lodging are 4 minutes away from the reception and parking lot.
- Wood cook stove EPA
- Wood will be provided for your stay (Oct. to April)
- Matches and news paper
- Butane stove (1 butane included)
- Water container, drinkable water
- Cooler (ice sold here)
- Double bed
- DEL lighting
- Outdoor table, chairs and hamack (summer only)
- Plates, utensils, mug, bottle opener, kettle, pans, bodum
- Biodegradable dishwasher soap, sponge
- Dish towels, sponge
- Outdoor fireplace, wood not included and must be purchased here due to insect
- Outdoor dry toilet (1 min.)
- Toilets and showers are located at the reception within 4 minutes
- Bed linen, sleeping bag and pillow
- Food (plan your meals in order to avoid trips to the grocery store covid-19)
- Soap, shampoo and hair dryer
- Paper towel, kleenex and disinfectant gel
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Beach towel
- Mosquito repellent (sold here)
- Snowshoes or spikes (for rent here 10$)
Check in : 3 pm to 5 pm (except Friday 3 pm to 8 pm)
Check out : 12 pm
A minimum of two nights is required for a reservation: It is possible to book one night, if only it is isolated. To book an isolated night, you must contact us at 819-686-1111.
No group booking: Our mission is to offer you a place to rest, so for the sake of tranquility we accept bookings of up to two units for the same family or friend group, this rule also applies for group bookings made under different names. The site and the units are not suitable for hosting rallies inside neither outside. This regulation is not related to Covid-19. No tents and motor homes will be accepted on the site.
Firewood must be purchased at Kayak & Cabana to prevent the spread of insect pests. Note that firewood for the interior is provided for the winter period (October to April)
No pets allowed
Non smoking units / candles are prohibited
If a reservation is cancelled less than 30 days before arrival date a fee equivalent to 25% of the total amount of the stay will be retained.
If the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival date, no refund will be possible. Stays are not transferable. Early check-out will be charged in totality.
Please note that a security deposit of $100.00 will be required upon arrival. In case of theft, breakage, insalubrity or smell of cigarettes, Kayak & Cabana will be authorized to collect the amount of the costs incurred for the repair, maintenance or purchase of the new equipment. This will be refunded after verification of the unit.
Policy cancellation adjusted during the pandemic
It is possible to book your accommodation online this winter. In the event that the accommodation sector must remain closed following government directives for the second wave of the pandemic, a refund or postponement of your stay will be allowed.
MESURES PRÉVENTIVES – COVID-19
According to the recommendations of the Government of Quebec, the National Institute of Public Health (INSPQ) and the Commission of standards, equity, health and safety at work (CNESST), here are the measures that we have set up for our reopening.
Obligation of our customers:
- Plan to do your shopping before your arrival to avoid trips to the grocery store in the region.
- Only residents of the same address can stay together in the same rental accommodation unit.
Measures taken for housekeeping:
We take this situation seriously and have added several additional hygiene measures to our already high standards to minimize the risk of contagion.
- Use of products with effective disinfectant to kill covid-19
- Maintenance and disinfection of sanitary blocks at each shift
- No bedding rental and all cushions will be removed from the unit.
- One client at a time in the washroom
- Hand washing obligatory at the entrance and at the exit of the sanitary block
- Respect the 2m physical distance measures
- If you or someone you know has COVID-19 symptoms, stay home!
- Respect the 2m physical distance measures
- Hand washing compulsory at the entrance and at the exit of the reception.
- If in the days following your return, you develop the symptoms of COVID-19 and believe that you contracted it during your stay, please notify us promptly.