From spring to fall, Kayak & Cabana organizes excursions down the Red River with canoes, kayaks and Stand up paddle board, including shuttle service back to the establishment. Three courses are available, 8km, 12km and 23 km. The excursion takes place on a calm section of the Red River; therefore it is accessible to all, beginners included! A summer escape to experience, whether with your family, a group of friends or a corporate event!
Recommended booking 819-686-1111
Reservation: 9 am to 5 pm
-From May 18 th to September 8 th (every day)
-From September 9 th to 29 th (closed on Monday and Tuesday)
8 km :
Monday to Friday :10 am to 2 pm
Saturday and Sunday :9 am to 2 pm
12 km :
Monday to Friday : 10 am to 1 pm
Saturday and Sunday : 9 am to 2 pm
23 km :
Monday to Friday : 10 am
Saturday and Sunday : 9 am to 10 am
The price is per person, it includes the boat, paddles, lifejacket and shuttle. (Taxes not included)
* The exit of the 8km is steep (25 steps) and for this reason we avoid using double kayaks and canoes.
Please note that we no longer offer shuttles for personal boats (Except for guests in accommodation) and that tubing are not allowed on the site.
275 lb capacity: 1 adult,
or 1 child.
500 lb capacity: 1 adult and 1 child
or 2 adults.
230 lb capacity: 1 adult,
or 1 child.
600 lb capacity: 1 adult and 1 to 3 children,
2 adults and 1 to 2 children,
2 to 3 adults.
- Arrival at Kayak Café 30 minutes before departure.
- Instructions given by our staff regarding safety, basic technics, equipment and itinerary.
- Self-guided descent of the river. The duration of the course can vary depending on river flow, rhythm and breaks.
- You have the option to take some additional time, 1h to 2h, to enjoy the river at your own pace, no additional cost.
- Shuttle back to Kayak & Cabana. The pick up time will be determined upon your reservation.
- Watch (you need time for your appointment with the shuttle to the end point)
- Hat or cap
- Adequate clothing depending on temperature
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Extra clothing
- Swimsuit and towel
- Mosquito repellent (sold here)
- Waterproof bag (available here, 5-10L)
- Camera (optional)
The courses are accessible to all, whatever your skill level. If you experience the descent of the river for the first time, we recommend that you be accompanied.
It is important to note that the river descent is done in complete autonomy and you are responsible for your own safety.
- Minimum age for a child accompanied by 2 adults in a canoe: 2
- Minimum age for children in single kayak: 12 years
- Minimum age for a child accompanied by an adult in the same boat: 5 years
- Children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
A credit card is required at time of booking and full payment will be taken upon arrival.
To make a booking, you can contact us at 819-686-1111 between 9 am and 17h.
Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, debit and cash.
You can change or cancel without charge 24 hours before the date of the activity, within these periods, the total amount of your activity will be charged to your credit card.
The activity takes place even when it rains. In the event of a storm, Kayak & Cabana reserves the right to cancel or delay departure for safety reasons. In case of cancellation made by the company, no fee will be charged to your credit card.